The Quad Cities and Midwest is getting slammed with rain this Spring. Here are some tips to help you and your family.
- Have a family emergency communication plan and include pets.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check on your neighbors to make sure they’re okay.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a flood.
- Flood insurance takes 30 days to take effect, so it needs to be purchased before disaster.
- Listen to local officials by radio, TV or social media.
- Evacuate when advised by authorities or if you are in a flood or flash flood prone area.
- If you are on high ground above flooded areas, being prepared to stay where you are may be the best protection.
- Never drive or walk through flooded streets; Turn Around, Don’t Drown! Do no go through flood waters.